I’ve had to act as a “stay-at-home-mom” (SAHM) a couple of times due to the pandemic. We needed to isolate ourselves and thus couldn’t have a helper.
And let me tell you, if you think a SAHM is lazy, you probably have never had to do it yourself.
Generally, when a mom stays at home, she runs the entire household. She:
- Cleans the house (dust, wipes, sweeps, mops, tidies)
- Washes, dries, irons, folds and pack away the laundry
- Runs errands
- Stocks the pantry
- Cooks breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Prepares snacks for the kids
- Helps with homework
- …and likely a whole lot more that I am missing
All while taking care of one or many kids that need:
- …and more!
The truth is, all moms are superheroes.
It doesn’t matter whether you are a SAHM or whether you work a 9–5.
It’s all about what works for you, and what makes you the better mommy.
No moms are lazy or inferior.
I promise you that.